The Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) provides the most widely recognized and respected certification in the United States for Womens Business Enterprises (WBE). Through the Greater Women’s Business Council (GWBC®) – a regional partner organization of WBENC – your business can apply for this certification, which is preferred by major corporations, non-profit organizations, and many government agencies. WBENC certification is an important marketing tool for expanding your company’s visibility and access to decision makers in supplier diversity and procurement offices. Many corporations require that your woman-owned business become WBENC certified before providing access to their supplier diversity programs. For further details about the process of certification, including the processing fee scale, visit our certification process webpage.
GWBC® maintains a stringent screening process under the guidelines of WBENC, Standards & Procedures, which ensures that all firms are legitimately owned, managed and controlled by women. All applicants are encouraged to read these Standards & Procedures.
- Your business profile listed in WBENCLink, an internet database that is accessed by hundreds of corporations throughout the United States
- Access to a directory of corporations accepting WBENC certification
- A special WBENC seal to use on your letterhead, business cards, and other marketing materials
- Participation in networking events, matchmaker meetings and trade shows with other WBEs, and corporate and government buyers (local and national)
- Membership in the local Forum, which advocates on behalf of WBEs and facilitates corporate business opportunities WBENC also offers other opportunities to network and exclusive educational resources for WBEs
- Scholarships for executive management programs, including the TUCK/WBENC Executive Management Program and the Dorothy B.Brothers Scholarship
- Network at WBENC National Conference — the nation’s largest conference and business fair for WBEs.
To become a WBE, your business must meet the following criteria:
- Have at least fifty-one percent ownership by a woman or women
- Provide proof of effective management and control of the business
- Provide documented evidence of contribution of capital and/or expertise
- Have U.S. citizenship or Legal Resident Alien status For further details about the process of certification, including the processing fee scale, visit our certification process webpage
CERTIFIED WOMEN OWNED
Across the globe Women Owned businesses supply an incredible range of products sold in retail stores everywhere. Women Owned is an initiative to enable consumers to identify those products created by Women Owned businesses during their shopping experience. Any product that bears the Women Owned logo is produced by a company that is owned and operated by a woman or women, as certified by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) in the United States and WEConnect International globally.
The logo launched in June 2014 and has steadily gained recognition. Look for the logo in a variety of retail stores across the nation. Learn more about Women Owned products here.